A successful corporate travel management program can help your business optimize travel spend, improve traveler experiences, and have significant impact on your bottom line… if done correctly.
At Teplis Travel, we’ve worked with many different types of clients, some have fully managed programs, others have a larger program that expands to multiple countries, and some companies are just getting started and are new to implementing a consolidated travel program.
Regardless of your current state, you may be missing out on several key benefits to maximize your corporate travel management program and it’s worth taking a second look to see if you have any gaps.
5 Signs It’s Time to Upgrade
While there are several reasons why an organization would want to upgrade its corporate travel management program, the most common challenges posed by failing solutions and lack of adoption typically fall into one of these five categories:
- If a travel management company doesn’t provide a solution that is tailored to the company’s needs, which includes access to all available inventory, personalization, and 24/7/365 support, travelers may look to book outside of the company’s provider.
- If there’s a lack of training, support, and availability from the travel management company’s staff, travelers may look to book outside of the company’s provider due to lack of awareness, lack of preferences, or frustration.
- If travelers don’t adopt the travel management company’s solution, managers may lose visibility into travel spend and trends, and therefore aren’t able to optimize programs and policies. This may ultimately affect any negotiated discounts with airlines, hotels, and car rental companies.
- If the travel management company doesn’t provide adequate account management support — someone dedicated to maintaining goals and objectives and overseeing the long-term success of the program – there may be a lack of buy-in from travel managers, executives, and travelers.
- If the travel management company doesn’t offer advanced agency software technology to support the needs of travelers and travel managers, such as mobile booking, itinerary management, expense reporting, virtual payment cards, dashboard reporting, traveler tracking, etc., there may be a continued lack of engagement and/or support in the program.
If you can identify with any of these challenges in your own corporate travel management program, it may be time to consider an ‘upgrade’. One important objective for those managing corporate travel is to improve traveler adoption. At Teplis Travel, we’ve seen our clients achieve significant savings when we help them to drive traveler adoption with their program. “Adoption” may encompass, overall policy compliance, following advance purchase rules for booking flights, or online booking tool usage.
Whatever the case may be, the key to achieving a higher adoption rate is to work with a travel management company that will create a solution that is easy to use and delivers high-touch support to your travelers and travel managers throughout the entire booking process.
At Teplis Travel, we work with each client to create custom configured programs that
- provide high-touch support 24/7
- drive adoption through training and awareness
- offer advanced technologies to support users and travel managers
- deliver significant savings to the company’s bottom line
If you’re interested in learning how Teplis Travel can upgrade your corporate travel program, contact us for a free program consultation.